Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Celebrate

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by...ME!!


I absolutely to make little groupings of stamps or dies.  It adds so much detail and interest yet keeps all of the lovely open space for a fresh, clean and simple card. I intended with this sketch that everybody would use different shapes and layers and stamps/dies - and I am so very much looking forward to seeing what everybody comes up with.  Here's mine.

FMS Celebrate

I needed a birthday card for a workmate.  I started out with a plan not to stamp, but to do a die-cut cupcake with balloons and candles behind it, but to my horror, I discovered that the only die-cut cupcake I have is itty-bitty and my balloons are much larger.  The poor little cupcake got lost.  (Do you all recognize my justification for a future purchase of more cupcakes and balloons??!!)  Luckily I have two sets by Dee's Artsy Impressions at Stamplorations that are just full of wonderful basic birthday shapes and I started layering!

I do hope to see you playing along.  It's a little nerve-wracking and very exciting all at the same time to put a sketch out there!  I look forward to being inspired by each of you!

SUPPLY LIST


10 comments:

  1. LOVE your sketch. LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sketch this week too! And your card is wonderful! Love the soft colors and all the party-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Linda and Hannelie, I also love your sketch! And I had fun making my card - my desk was a mess though :) Your card is fabulous and is so cheerful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect card for a birthday! I love the color combination, and the party-themed elements. And I love the sketch, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to be worried about this sketch Kim! It's versatile and can be easily dressed up or down to suit. Your cupcakes and gift are certainly all about celebrating and the colors are so festive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun birthday card Kim! I love those little cupcakes, the gift and the confetti! Super cute! Great colouring! I loved your sketch! I think it's good to stretch our creativity, which for me hasn't been too hard since I have been completely lacking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this card as much as I love your sketch! Both are totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweetness PLUS! In every way ... sweet colours ... sweet images ... sweet design! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yet again, I've fallen behind in comments (but NOT in sending thought bubbles filled with awe for all your creations!). Time to catch up! Your sketch AND the birthday images are wonderful! Scrumptious cupcakes, a sweet polka-dot wrapped gift and a noise maker...celebration about to unfold! Love this!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!