Monday, April 25, 2016

The Storms and the Rain

This card was so totally simple that I almost didn't post it!  But I got the stamps precisely for their simplicity so why not embrace it?!

Runs Out of Rain

I just got these stamps from Papertrey Ink. When I saw that the current challenge at Addicted to CAS was "Rain" - my new stamps didn't even disappear into my not-yet-used-stash!


The image is Papertrey Ink's Splits: Get Well Soon Mini stamp set. It's a small set that only comes with the sentiment "Get Well Soon". During their release week, Amy Sheffer did a variety of cards using the new Splits set and on one of them she tucked in a sentiment from an older set called Rainy Day Sentiments. I'd never noticed this set before but it has fabulous sentiments - so I was sold!

I can't seem to leave a card unmatted or unframed. I love it when I see other people embrace all of the white space out to the edges - but I just feel a need to frame it. So I pulled out my new go-to frame set from My Favorite Things - the Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames. A few sequin raindrops and sunspots and I think it will bring a smile to someone.

SUPPLY LIST

6 comments:

  1. Awesome, Kim! I just got that stamp set too but haven't inked it up yet! I love the yellow frame---ties it all together and adds extra sunshiney happiness to the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sweet, simple card. How wonderful that sentiment is, and I'm loving the yellow scalloped frame. Sometimes, they just need one (working on one myself, lol). This is just wonderful. Love it! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you posted this Kim! The sunny yellow is uplifting as is the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully crisp and clean stamped image with a wonderful sentiment. CAS brilliance and great to see you've played along at ATCAS with it this week. Thanks so much. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous sentiment and beautifully CAS. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, Kim. Perfect fit for our challenge at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!