Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Happy Birthday Mountains!

When I was thinking about a birthday card for a wonderful man, I quickly decided it needed mountains.  He lived for years in my favorite all-time mountain town and they still go regularly for mini-vacations.  I count his wife as a dear friend - we spent a wonderful afternoon not long ago wandering around that town and I realized that the family was an institution.  Everybody knew her and she showed me hidden gems throughout the town. My foodie son counts one of the restaurants she pointed as his second favorite restaurant!!

I pulled out the WPlus9 set Encouraging Words and added a birthday sentiment from Strictly Sentiments 5.  I love the scenes that can be built with the images in Encouraging Words.

Happy Birthday Mountains

I created purple mountains, but I originally saw the set used with that stamp as a lake - check it out here.  It's gorgeous either way.  She also used one of the images that I used as trees as a misty mountain background.  I so love flexible sets.

Happy Birthday Ken!!  Carol, we need to find time for coffee!

SUPPLY LIST

FYI - I used different areas of the Ombre pad to get the different greens.  I was hoping for a little more variation on the image - but it just doesn't show up well.  

8 comments:

  1. Great masculine card, Kim! LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME, Kim!!! So perfect for someone who loves the mountains!! I really need to order this set! Hope you're having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Kim. Love the mountain images. Such a neat design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds perfect for your friend Kim, it's terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine living without mountains...great card and sure to be treasured by the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely!! You are making me want this sent now. Masculine cards are so hard for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A thoughtful, handsome card, Kim, personalized perfectly for your friend who, I know, adored it, as do I! The font on the sentiment...oh my! So striking!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!