Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches: A Little Kindness

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Rita.


I was playing at a Stampin' Up friend's house recently and we were discussing the new Stampin' Up In-Colors.  I indicated some disappointment in the new greens.  I was quickly shouted down by all six people there - they all loved Mint Macaron.  As I thought about it, I realized that of every companies' ink/cardstock collection that I collect - I didn't have the "mint" in any of them.  Isn't it funny how our tastes in color vary?  Why would I not like mint - particularly given that I seem to be in the extreme minority?  And I'm sure there are colors that I like that many of you would avoid.

So I had to set out that day to use Mint Macaron.  I became a little more convinced when I saw the Pretty Petals Paper pack.  LOVE those butterflies, and it's hard to go wrong with diagonal stripes!

A Little Kindness

I hope to see you playing along.  And be sure to check out Rita's blog, Rita's Creations, for lots of inspiration!



SUPPLY LIST

12 comments:

  1. Love the pop of the butterfly paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet mix of color and pattern! The mint looks great....:). The black sets your card off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spelled something wrong so I had to delete my other comment and I apologize. Darn auto correct!!

    I LOVE the mint. It looks so pretty with the black!! I also like the pretty butterfly paper. Really lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you about the mint. I don't love it and I've lived without it since the old days of SU Mint Melody and I can live without this one too! That being said it does look very pretty on your card. The mix of patterned paper looks good together and I just love your embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen the new mint color yet, but it looks to be a unique color. Not sure if I'll like it or not. You have used it to make a gorgeous card, though - the diagonal stripes look fabulous and the black makes everything pop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mix of patterned papers Kim and the cool look of the design! Thanks for the inspiration at FMS! Have a lovely weekend! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, this is such a pretty card. I don't have the in colors, but you used the mint beautifully here. I love the texture from the embossing and the little flower accents too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This mint may be a dark horse candidate. Because I do really like it here with the pop from the black. Apparently we both needed those little flowers this week. Yay....I used something like you!! (pats self on back, lol!) Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great card Kim! I love that DSP! So pretty! Looks great with the flowers. I don't know how I feel about Mint. I am not a pastel kind of girl so I think that's why I don't like it. I love bold and bright!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card! The colors/DSPs are gorgeous together and I love the embossing and flowers for added dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I echo the others: you've used the mint beautifully! And the butterfly paper...swooning! Major swooning...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!