Sunday, June 14, 2015

Stampin' Up In Color and Copic Marker Matches

I have updated the Stampin' Up Copic Color Match Charts on my sidebar for the new 2015 In Colors. Click on this chart or on the side-bar for the full chart.


If you have already colored a previous chart and don't feel like re-coloring everything, there is also a link on my side-bar that just has In Colors.  You can keep your old basic chart and just re-do the In Colors!

If you are going to color in the boxes, be sure to print the charts on the same paper on which you stamp.  Copics do change depending on paper.  Also, Copic colors do deepen depending on how thoroughly you saturate the paper, so you should fill in the charts based on how you would typically color.

I made a few changes on my new chart that I hope won't inconvenience any of you.  I had to remind myself that I developed these for my personal use and there were some aspects of the charts that I no longer used.  (Removing them also allowed me to collapse the full chart to just four pages!)

  1. I removed all reference to Prismacolors.  These are alcohol-based markers that included a fine tip.  Some of them are actually better color matches than Copics, and I did particularly like them for their greens and coloring flower stems.  However, as mine have begun to dry out, I decided not to spend the money on replacing them.  If you do use Prismacolors and you have the old charts - hang on to a copy.
  2. I removed the boxes that you could use for Blendabilities.  I debated about this since I do have a few sets, but I never, ever use them and since they are discontinued, it was better for my use to remove them.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this. It helps so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is wonderful! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this and share it. Having lost Blendabilities, I have started collecting Copics. This gives me a great guide to be able to use them in my SU business too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brilliant. Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This chart is brilliant! Thanks so much for making it available. I don't have a lot of Copics, but this will help me know what to buy when I'm able. The blended matches are such a helpful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you sooooooo much for sharing this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new to Stampin' Up Blends & Copic. This chart will come in really handy for building a collection. Thank-you. You're a gem!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!