Thursday, October 30, 2014

Merry Monday: Christmas Peace

I have a great new snowflake background die so definitely wanted to play along with the current challenge at Merry Monday: snowflakes, dry embossing and neutrals.


I don't buy many cover plates or background dies.  I like them, but every time that I put them in a cart, I realize how much they cost and how much else that I could buy instead!  However, I am such a big fan of snowflakes, I figured that I could not go wrong with this Reverse Snowflake Panel by Frantic Stamper.

Snowflake Peace

I kept this one quite simple, but one day I am going to go crazy and do a giant shaker box with snowflake sequins and snow glitter!!  The "Peace" die is by Impression Obsession - they also carry it at Frantic Stamper if you are over there looking for the snowflake die.    Frantic Stamper has their own "peace" die but it's just enough smaller that on my particular card, I was afraid it would get lost.

I have another card that's been quite lonely on my desk as I have not been getting it added to my blog!  I did it for a Merry Monday challenge a number of weeks ago, but have you ever had a card take on a life of its own?  Wouldn't this stamp set be better?  A different color would be nice.  What about this sentiment? By the time that I got done, I took a look at the challenge graphic and realized that my card had ended up far away from the theme, so I never posted it.

Christmas Blessings

I am in love with the look of just a hint of embossing paste.  This is a wonderful stencil for Christmas cards - it's Jenni Bowlin's Mini North Star.  I had ordered it and then realized that my local Hobby Lobby had it.  I only added embossing paste in the corner, then immediately sprinkled with a fine glitter.

Christmas Blessings close

Snowflake Peace
  • Stamps: none
  • Paper: Simon Says Fog and Smoke
  • Ink: none
  • Accessories: Frantic Stamper Reverse Snowflake Panel, Impression Obsession Peace die, Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder, Papertrey Ink button, Iridescent Crochet thread, Pretty Pink Posh 8mm and 6mm Sparkling Clear Sequins
Christmas Blessings
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Peace Be Still, Wet Paint Holiday
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Plum Pudding
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Soft Stone, Spring Moss
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Wet Paint Holiday dies, Peace Be Still dies, Mama Elephant Femme Frames, Jenni Bowlin Mini North Start Embossing folder

27 comments:

  1. WOW.... two beautiful cards. The cover plate was well worth it and the sparkly embossing is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was money well spent Kim, such a pretty card! Love your second one two. The touches of glitter give it just the right amount of glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were absolutely right to buy this background die! The stripes behind it add a little extra. Gorgeous colorcombo too. Very elegant and it suits the sentiment so well.
    Well your second card is like 'WOW'!
    I'm waiting for my Christmas Wet Paint stamps and dies to arrive, but I'm afraid it will take another week to get here. :-(
    But looking at your gorgeous card makes me very impatient to have a go myself
    The glitter en gorgeous stencil is such a good match! Love the effect it has on your card.
    Ha, ha, I laughed when I read the piece about 'a card taking a life of its own'!
    And yes I can relate to that! :-)
    So that's why I'm probably not so good in entering challenges!
    I guess I have an ill relationship with my own creativity and challenge themes, ha, ha.
    Not to mention the deadlines, which I keep forgetting all about.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about this :) Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are great, Kim!!! LOVE that snowflake cover plate. Seems like lots of companies are coming out with them. I am getting the one from Lil' Inker. :) Love the subtle embossing paste on the second card and the colors! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! I love, love that snowflake die! Might have to go hunt that down. I'm like you with cover plate dies, although I finally relented and the PTI Linen die is on its way to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both cards but I especially love the snowflake die cut panel layered over the dry embossed stripes! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous times two. Love the snowflake one and the dove with the touch of purple against the white is fabulous. Great touch with the bling on the branch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love that snowflake panel card! The diagonal stripes make a fabulous background. Love the hint of embossing paste on the second card too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love both cards! I love purple! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are beautiful, but I am absolutely in love with the 2nd card...CAS but rich in so much detail and color! Great job! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful card, Kim! Love that background plate and I can't wait to see it as a shaker card! Love the embossed stars on the second card! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two stunning cards I love that cover plate it is so beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are stunning Kim. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adding my voice to the choir of 'gorgeous cards', Kim. The cover plate is gorgeous; I want to see the results when you create the 'go all crazy' card. The second: a serene beauty in every way. The Christmas die is so eye-catching! Two stunning beauties...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards. I love the snowflake diecut on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. Both cards hold such beautiful detail and inspiration, Kim. Love the first card and that snowflake die looks great paired with the sentiment. Wonderful work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of your cards are sensational! The snowflake die cover is SO pretty and love the grey/white combo! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can see why you got the snowflake die - it's gorgeous! I adore the little Christmas dove card too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am waiting with bated breath to see you go CRAZY HAHA! Love the die ... L-O-V-E it! Please please stop showing me more stuff I just HAVE to buy! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are fabulous Kim! How do you find such fabulous stuff Kim, I am in awe of how you find the most up to date stamping stuff. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards!!! Live the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards Kim! I love that cover plate.

    ReplyDelete
  24. First card - That is a really cool cover plate and I love how it looks with the embossed stripes behind it. And yes, you MUST make a giant shaker card with this!! I will be waiting for it… ;)

    Second card - Glitter on embossing paste? Genius. This is a gorgeous and classy card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fabulous challenge! I am so out of practice with challenges! You have done a great job with it! I soooo NEED that die! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!