Sunday, February 9, 2014

Just Add Ink to CAS-ual Fridays: Super Lots!

If you visited my blog yesterday, you saw a very pink Valentine card for my 8-year-old niece that I made for "The Heart of the Matter" challenge at Catered Crop.  But that wasn't actually the first "heart" card that I had made.  I still like my first card - and I want to show it to you today - but when one realizes that one has forgotten one's sweet little niece, one tends to panic and instantly create a card!!

Anyway, here's the first card.  I was definitely inspired by the Over the Edge challenge at CAS-ual Fridays, particularly since I had a great stamp and die set by CAS-ual Fridays sitting in my NBUS stash that was begging to be used before Valentine's Day!

Love You Super Lots


I have to admit that those three arrows in the bottom left of the card were intended to be haphazard - as if they were shot into a target, but I just don't do haphazard well.  

I stacked the indigo heart with three pieces of cardstock and the light blue heart with two pieces.  I wish I would have added a few more to the stacks for a more dramatic look, but it's not bad.

Love You Super Lots close

I love these colors together.  They came from the current challenge at Just Add Ink.


  • Stamps: CAS-ual Fridays Cupid's Arrow
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Sahara Sand CS, Pool Party CS, Island Indigo CS and dsp, Real Red dsp
  • Ink: Memento Black and Copics
  • Accessories: CAS-ual Fridays Heartboard Fri-Dies


18 comments:

  1. I've just left a comment on your previous post, the one with your 8-year-old-niece when I read this one.
    Well this is more 'you' I guess, but I still like the other card as well!
    And if my eyes don't deceive me, is that a square card I see before me??
    (ha, ha, sorry bad humour, but I just had to think of Mac Beth - W.S.)
    I'm so used to your other kind of cards....
    Your card is great, love the sentiments and your heart hanging over the edge!!!
    Adds something extra to your card, love it!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a different and FUN Valentine's Day card! Perfect for a niece; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super stunning :) love the idea of an arrow going over the edge

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!! Total precision, and I absolutely love how you coloured the arrow end in coordinating colours to the awesome dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card Kim. I like the straight arrows too (like you)and I think the layered heart is perfect just the way it is. You have worked the colour combo perfectly on this wee gem. Lovely to see you here at JAI. I hope you will continue to join in our challenges. Thanks for playing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, Kim - this is AWESOME!! I love, love, love how you've coloured the arrow ends (oh dear - what are they called?!). I think the layered heart is perfect, and you've used our colour combo to perfection. It's great to have you join in the fun at Just Add Ink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one! Sweet chubby-thick hearts with one "ring" missing -- totally brilliant!! And your arrows....I completely understand. Symmetry works better for me. It works on this card too. Love the colored in fletches. Perfect balance. Great card, Kim. Really love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute valentine and I love the unconventional colors. You're right about the arrows in a line. My haphazard often looks more like a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the color combo and the clean design! No smudges on your cards EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE!...This is such a beautifully executed card Kim. Great design and balance! Great to see you at JAI..:0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this super clean design and the colors you used! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - I love the hearts and how they stack together. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  13. You may not do haphazard but you sure can do straight! Wish I could do that! I could probably even stamp a bent arrow! Fantastic use of the colors and images! Love the hearts too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um wow Kim - this is totally amazing and totally beautiful! I just love this card! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's all been said by the others: a fabulous, gorgeous, perfect card! Love it!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love everything about this card! It's just fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, I love your design! It's so clean and bright! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!