Thursday, July 4, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch! You Make Me Happy

The new sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch has a wonderful splatter and with all the grunge sets out there, I am really looking forward to seeing what everybody comes up with!


Guess what?  I don't have a good grunge set so I didn't splatter. The grungy splotches turned into butterflies!

Makes Me Happy

I've been watching and learning from another one of the CAS(E) this Sketch designers, Donna Mikasa.  She does amazing things with bold colors on kraft backgrounds!!  I started out with my butterflies on my usual white background - but then I thought of Donna's cards and realized the butterflies would totally pop on kraft.  

  • Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Shoot for the Stars
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things Vertical Greetings die, Memory Box Dancing Butterflies, L'il Inkers stitched rectangles, Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz button, Trendy Twine Lemon Tart

17 comments:

  1. And how fabulously it turned out too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful...love your take on the splatters...the butterflies are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn clever, I say! This is a fun take on the sketch. Love your colors too. Happy 4th! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flurry of butterflies sure says 'happy'! great bright colors against the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, here's something I can definitely relate to.
    I always head for my white cardstock,
    but after seeing your card and colourcombination, I guess I've got to give this a try myself.
    Absolutely love the effect of the bright bold colours on Kraft!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to remember this trick, Kim! These bright butterflies are beautiful on the Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do, Kim ... these colours pop beautifully against the kraft! I don't have any splotch stamps either and used my one splatter idea at OLW this week, so I'm so pleased to have your inspired card to prompt some different thinking ... thanks so much! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 4th of July, Kim! Gorgeous card, and I agree with Anita: those butterflies against the kraft are eye-catching! Great reminded to head for something other than the white cardstock every now and again! You've inspired me to give this challenge a a try...Hope your celebrations today were extra special wonderful!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those butterflies do look wonderful on the kraft. And, I think tiny butterflies are a wonderful way to make 'feminine grunge'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this, Kim! The bright colours on kraft are perfect! I love the stitched edges, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your splattering of butterflies Kim - just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fluttery flurry of butterflies Kim! This is bright and happy. Thanks SO much for the info on the stars embossing folder, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this, Kim! Very sweet butterfly flurry! I think you were very clever in your interpretation of this sketch!♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you have 'spattered' those butterflies what a clever and wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy to inspire you to use more kraft! Love the flurry of butterflies and how they seem to pop off the card! Just gorgeous, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your take on this sketch Kim. The colors of the butterflies against the Kraft work beautifully. Love that sentiment and the detail around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim this is just too cute...love all your sweet little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!