Sunday, June 23, 2013

Less is More: Happy Birthday Jen!!

This week's challenge at Less is More is to do a birthday card for Jen, one of the wonderful hostesses!  I have read and admired Jen's blog, The Tiny Blue Butterfly, for years - so I definitely had to jump on this challenge!  Jen has a wonderful clean style.  One of the things that she does very, very well is to use colored card bases while still keeping it CAS.  I decided to use a kraft base and then to use one of her self-proclaimed faves: cats, fish or butterflies!

For You
Happy Birthday Jen!!
One of the dangers of reading lots of blogs in a blog reader is that you don't see the sidebar info on each blog.  In linking to Jen's blog - it was the first time that I saw she was an accountant and that making cards is her "savior"!!  I can SO relate.  I was an actuary, I'm now studying to be an accountant and there is nothing better than moving from tangled masses of black and white numbers, into a world of color and sweetness and maybe a little bling!!  Isn't it a wonderful hobby/passion that we have all stumbled into?!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Papillon Potpourri, Itty Bitty Banners
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
  • Ink: Stampin Up Crushed Curry, black
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up butterfly punch and banner dies, L'il Inkers stitched rectangles, My Mind's Eye twine, Ellen Hutson Iris Blue sequins

20 comments:

  1. Lovely simple card. I am sure thatJen will love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card for Jen. Simply beautiful
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim! I love your card for Jen. So simple and gorgeous. I also loved reading about your "numbers" connection and the transition from the black and white of accounting to the colors and beauties of creating with stamps, paper, ribbon, buttons, twine and bling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim! I love your card for Jen. So simple and gorgeous. I also loved reading about your "numbers" connection and the transition from the black and white of accounting to the colors and beauties of creating with stamps, paper, ribbon, buttons, twine and bling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim - stopping in to see your gorgeous cards that I've missed commenting on over the past couple of days, along with your ever-so-thoughtful, heart-warming post about the wild and crazy floods that have devastated my town - Canmore, Alberta - has certainly brightened my day! I returned home late yesterday, after having been evacuated and 'rescued' by two knights in shining armour who offered my hospitality in their home. Our place is safe, dry and as of an hour ago, with power and water. My husband is still unable to return as we're still land-locked, with highways in dire need of repair before traffic can resume. Fingers crossed mending will occur soon; the road to recovery will be long, but the first steps are occuring.
    In the midst of this chaos, your blog and card are real gifts! As I write, the sun's rays are breaking through the clouds. You have me smiling! LOVE your cards - and I'll be heading 'back' to gaze and admire some more!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, it is ... such a wonderful hobby and a brilliant online community too! I love the card you've made for Jen, Kim ... it's a super take on her style ... and with your splendid trademark touch! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha, this is sooo funny!
    I myself work at a financial department of an office, which I enjoy, but being able to flee to my craftroom is something I soooo desperately need, ha, ha and of course I sooo much enjoy!!
    Back to your stunning creation....I love the stitching (it's absolutely FAB) and how you use sequins, it's great!
    Did you stamp the butterfly or is it paperpieced?
    Love your CAS style, it's truly inspiring!!
    Bye from the Netherlands,

    Marjolein

    ps. I bet she'll enjoy your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Miss Lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Kim, Jen will love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim
    Fabulous card.... Loving those stitched mats ... Waiting for my circles to arrive.... Gorgeous card....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sweet card!
    vive-lavi

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I work with numbers too and love coming home to play with my crafting stuff, such a good way to recover from the a day of maths!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card, love the colour combo and the beautiful butterfly.Yes you are right it's a great hobby alright. I find it takes my mind of my Rh. A pain , such a gift :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab card love it!!
    thank you so much for the birthday wishes.
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, Kims! Congratulations on the honor of being showcased at LIM!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely design, and congratulations for being show cased.

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations... simply beautiful birthday card... the blue butterfly is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Kim, on your showcase spot at LIM, for Jen's beautiful butterfly birthday card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!