Thursday, October 25, 2012

CAS(E) this Sketch! #3

We are already on our third sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch! and I cannot believe how exciting it has been - hundreds of entries each week!  The biggest "problem" that I am having is the number of new-to-me blogs that I am finding and loading into my Google Reader - pretty soon I will be spending all of my time reading other's blogs and not working on my own!

This week's sketch is quite flexible - check out the CAS(E) this Sketch! blog to see what the design team has done with it - you can see the sketch in each creation but other than that they are all completely different!



I decided to use a stamp set that was a completely spontaneous purchase for me.  It's from neat & tangled and it took me back to my childhood.  Do you remember cartoons like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?  Of course you do because these days it plays 100 times on 20 different TV channels, not to mention the DVD, before Christmas.  In the good old days - it only played once - and that made it so special and magical.  My family looked forward to it every year.  We brought out the TV trays and were allowed to eat dinner in the living room.  We sat around our small little TV (with three channels and no remote) and we sang along with the songs and fell in love all over again with the charming elves...

Neat & Tangled Elf
Be sure to check out the other design team creations and I look forward to seeing your entry!
  • Stamps: Neat & Tangled Elves at Work
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade
  • Ink: Memento Black and Copics 
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart Punch All Over the Page Quilted Daisy Pattern, Liquid Pearls

16 comments:

  1. Cute card, love the punch that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and I love the layout. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally remember watching those Christmas specials every year! The Charlie Brown one was a staple too.

    Love how you coloured your sweet elf and that background punch is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Kim! Love how the red pops through the panel pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card totally made my morning! I couldn't help but smile. I love the punching! That is so neat and so perfect with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right, it does remind me of those Rudolph cartoons at Christmas time as a child! LOVE this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when it only played once, too! And the Peanuts specials, they were such a big deal! Love this cute card, Kim. This is a darling image, I see why you fell in love with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kim, does that bring back memories! How special things were back then when we had so little! Your little elf is adorable as is the punched background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my .. I had to go and look up that MS punch, what a fabulous pattern! Such an adorable Christmas elf too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those were the best shows! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such an adorable image and I love punched background you created :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you created the background with those tiny pearls! It's perfection! That's such a cute image, and a great placement of the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!