Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dynamic Duos: Sweet Baby Jesus

I certainly can't say that I started out thinking I was going to do a Christmas card for the Dynamic Duos monochromatic brown challenge, but here it is...



Sweet Baby Jesus




I had two goals when I started the day...get my card done for Dynamic Duos and AFTER I played with the browns, I was going to treat myself to using my brand new Christmas stamps from Annabelle Stamps.  The day wasn't going my way - I had a lot of starts and stops with the browns - and I kept wanting to sneak in a Christmas card.  Finally, I gave up on the browns, pulled out the Christmas set, studied the baby Jesus and realized that he would be wrapped in raw linens - browns!!!  

I think it works!!

Check out all the other fantastic cards, then give it a try yourself.  We love looking at everybody's creations each week.  (And I have a bet with myself that we won't see any Christmas cards!!!  ETA - I just realized another design team member snuck in a Christmas card, I guess I'm not as creative as I thought!!)

  • Stamps: Annabelle Stamps Wise Men
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Early Espresso
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, copics
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart Extra Fine Crystal Glitter, Lil' Inker Designs Frame Impression Plate, Stampin' Up Espresso Quilted Ribbon and oval punch
  • Challenges: Submitting to Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes

20 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. Love the colours this week. I have that Impression plate and love it, looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card love the image. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious, precious! I love this image and card Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and elegant card! Love all the white, very clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sweet baby Jesus wrapped in brown swaddling clothes! this worked out perfectly for our colors Kim, marvelous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love the embossing in the background and the glimmer on the oval! Such a cute image!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it, Kim! Love the woodgrain BG and the simple, sweet scene you created! Just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely adorable and I love a Christmas card made with neautrals. Now I will have to go back to Annabelle Stamps and check out this stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you designed this card! The embossing, the coloring, the star .....just everything! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love this card!! Perfect!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes y just can't fightit, Kim! Best to give in & go with the mojo flow! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful image Kim, love all the texture and bling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card you created! A perfect holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet Kim. Nothing stops the lure of new rubber, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awh! This is the sweetest card and perfect in these neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word! This is so clean and fabulous in every way. I can't call it clean and "simple" because it is not at all. You added the perfect details to really make this a stand-out, Kim! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Kim, your work just blows my away! This is gorgeous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kim that image is so so cute. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is just so adorable Kim, looks amazing in the monochrome colours too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!